Wednesday, August 5, 2009

They Say Time Flies When You're Having Fun, But...

I can't believe it's already August. What happened to summer?? (Though I suppose since I'm taking a semester off, my summer just kind of keeps going all the way until January.)

More importantly, where does the time go? It seems like one minute you're dealing with something that causes so much pain that you're starting a blog to get it all out (like I did, last August), and the next it's already one year later and you're looking back as to when you started it. And it's funny now, because maybe it's not as big as it used to be. That hurt feeling isn't there anymore, and while I still wonder where that girl who wanted something so badly and fell flat on her face has gone, it makes me appreciate the fact that time heals everything.

A year ago, I thought I had a pretty good plan. I was talking to a guy, and although it was a long distance "relationship" (at the very least, it was complicated), there was a plan being set in motion. We would meet, and if things worked to plan, there would be moving of some sort somewhere. While I'm actually glad it didn't pan out (despite the horrible things that were said to me in the process) it did make me realize there is so much good still here for me.

And, it's fortunate that time heals everything. While there's still parts of me that misses that, the feeling of having a guy be interested in me for some point of time was fun, and though it didn't last, it makes me realize I'm not totally unlikable.

But, in any case, thank God for time. It's way too short to worry about certain things!

No comments: