Friday, November 14, 2008

Venting...

I need to vent a minute.

One of my biggest pet peeves is talking to someone who only maintains one topic of conversation. Okay, maybe there's more than one, but most of our conversing consists of what she is up to. What she is doing, how her life is going... I understand that 90% of our conversations can NOT and will not be about me but please. To not let me speak about my stuff is a one-sided friendship, if it even is that.

I'm tired of talking to this person only to hear how much this guy is amazing. Yeah, okay, I get that he's amazing to her but to me? He's nothing but a part of my past I'd like to forget. Am I being harsh? Maybe. Mostly because I can't seem to say this to her directly. But the truth is, I'm much too nice of a person to say it. Because I know the only reason she talks to me is to vent about him or to say all what a nice person he is. To be completely honest, it was almost like she was trying to make me jealous of what she's got. Nothing to be jealous about really.

This is where me being nice makes me a little confused as to where the line should be drawn. It's not a valuable friendship if all she wants to talk about is him and what she is up to. When I can't get a word in edgewise about what I'm up to. So she definitely doesn't even really fall into the "friend" category. So why can't I just stop talking to her?

No comments: