Sunday, November 23, 2008

Just a complaint...

So I'm sitting here watching the American Music Awards. I don't think I've sat down to watch an awards show since I was a huge 'N Sync fan, unless you count the CMAs a few years ago though that was more accidental than anything else.

Nevertheless, I've sat through a few commercials, and a few performances (Jonas Bros, PCD, Natasha what's-her-name, and lastly, Rihanna) and I don't believe I seen any awards being presented save for an all time achievement award for Annie Lennox.

Since when were these shows about the performances and not the music? I remember when awards shows used to have maybe 4 to 5 performers tops, the rest was just awards...

Ah well.

I still have yet to see the Twilight movie. Don't get me wrong, I want to so badly, it's just about having time and finding people to go with. I've read all of Twilight plus the second book in the series, New Moon. It's safe to say I'm a Twilight fanatic especially considering I purchased the second book last evening and had it completely read by 1 pm this afternoon. Whoops! As far as the movie goes, it's all just a matter of time...

And the awards show just proved me wrong... Daughtry won an award for Best Pop Group I think. Good for them, they've got some good songs! And now a performance by Kanye West...

I love when award shows (awards shows? that just looks wrong..) interrupt the winners by starting to play music.

1 comment:

Andy - Instafather said...

Did you catch Kanye's speech? Good times. He said he wants to be the next Elvis, which might come true... I can definitely see him getting fat and OD'ing in his bathroom