Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Weekend

Being from a relatively small Midwestern town, it's pretty easy running into people you knew back in the day. Especially if you live in the same place you've always lived. I mean, that much is pretty obvious. Oddly, it happens even when you're in a small-ish community. Doing the horse shows I do puts me mainly in the midwest, and you get to see some of the same people more than once. I've been recognized twice in the past few days. Once was a fellow horseman from the industry I show in, and the second from someone who went to the same church as me a long time ago. I never thought I was someone to be remembered, especially because the two people who recognized me weren't really people I've ever held any sort of conversation with. In fact, being that I work in one of the five pharmacies in town, there are quite a few people who I've known from something or another who come in and recognize me. From classmates to teachers, and even my kindergarten Sunday School teacher recognized me once.

Which leads me to ask... Have I really not changed all that much since being 14 or 15, when I last went to church? I know for a fact I've changed since kindergarten though. I guess the one thing it tells me is that I AM actually someone worth remembering, even if it's just by sight which is not something I ever believed myself to be. I guess it's an odd feeling knowing people actually remember me. It's a scary thought too, really, being that I was an odd child growing up.

At any rate, the weekend was successful at least. I spent my weekend at my friend's, because we had a lot of horse-related adventures, plus I needed to ride anyway. We went to two states in two days, which equaled about 12 hours in a vehicle which was actually a lot of fun. And one of the coolest parts of the weekend was getting a free Roast Burger from Arby's because the cashier told me if I said some line about time changing, I would get one free with a pop. And honestly, it was a really good sandwich.. A lot like their normal roast beef sandwiches with the condiments and vegetables of a burger. Overall, very tasty and delicious!

Time to go. Seems I'm rambling, which I won't apologize for :P.

No comments: