Monday, March 23, 2009

A Weekend Update

We've had amazing weather the past few days, which means the next time it gets cold, windy, and rainy, it will be that much more depressing. It was supposed to rain over the weekend, instead we ended up with a couple gorgeous 60 something degree days. Before we know it, it'll be 90 and humid as hell. Sigh. Stupid Chicago seasons!

Anyway, my sister was in town this weekend. She is normally in New York City so we don't see each other very often anymore. I had people over to play Rock Band 2 on Friday night and have a "reunion" of sorts - it was basically my friends from high school, which was cool. I love doing things like that, where it's people I haven't seen in a while and getting to just chill. The last time I saw some of them was when we saw Twilight.. hehe. Coincidentally, Twilight also just came out on DVD as well. Weird? I thought so!

RB2 night was quite the success, it seemed like everyone had a good time. Drinks were had, jokes were made, and I actually didn't suck too badly (it's been awhile since I've played).

Saturday was spent at either of the barns I happen to be at. We ended up getting lunch at Jimmy John's (it's quickly becoming a weekly tradition). So much fun though, hanging around outside! After that I ended up at the other barn, where my horse is currently. I think afterwards I ended up home but I honestly can't remember.

My horse Summer and I sometime last winter. I interrupted nap time.

On Sunday, my sister visited the barn with me to see my horse. I'm super thankful the weather stayed nice! We were able to ride outside again, and enjoy the weather! Not to mention it was great having sibling time. After I dropped her off, I went to go work for a bit. Didn't get home until 9 but then decided to start on my taxes.

Ah taxes. I've never filed my own before, so it was kind of interesting. Ended successfully though, I'm getting a little under 700 for both federal and state. I'm quite excited about that!

Anyway, that was my weekend. Hope you enjoyed it's monotony (lol)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love nights like the one you had, RB2, beer and good times. Obviously i rock on guitar hero, not had a chance on RB though yet. Thats next on my agenda.

your horse is very cool.