Monday, January 12, 2009

A blog about food..

So apparently winter is officially hitting Chicago.

Not like it hasn't done anything yet already - December was quite snowy, cold, and icy to top everything off. Sweet.

Now it's the first blizzard of '09. Well, blizzard like conditions I guess. But I didn't come on here to talk weather.

My hometown finally got its very own Sonic! Is it bad that I'm this excited over a food establishment?

Perhaps.. but it's sort of nostalgia based.

When I was younger, the town my grandmother lived in had not one but TWO sonic locations. My family, both extended and immediate, always used to buy Cherry Limeades at every chance while in Newton for however long our stay was. Besides spending time with the family, a chance to eat at Sonic was pretty rare for us because the closest one to me was 3 hours away up until this past year. So seeing all of those Sonic commercials was pretty tempting.

The last time I saw a Sonic was while we were in Springfield one year for a horse show. However, I wasn't in the car that stopped at Sonic which was, again, tempting.

So now that we have our very own Sonic, my pockets and my diet are going to take a turn for the worse. Good thing I have another year-long gym membership - I'll definitely need to work out after all of this! (By the way, if you ever have the chance to have Sonic - they have the best Banana Cream Pie milkshakes!)

No comments: