Friday, January 9, 2009

The Pros and Cons of iTunes

iTunes is amazingly troublesome. As well as entirely too convenient.

I could get into some serious problems while being able to do a one-click purchase and download right to my computer. And I am sure I do. In the end, I've ended up with an album full of songs I've never heard from an artist I've never even heard of. Which could go both ways. If I end up LIKING the band, it's definitely a good, sound judgment. However, it could go the other way too and I could end up hating both the album I've just spent 8 to 10 dollars and the artist to boot.

It's a no-win situation!

However.. these were winning choices in my book..

1. Linkin Park - "Minutes to Midnight"
Overall, I have not given Linkin Park a fair shot. Sure, I've liked some songs they have done but never enough to purchase an album. But I did preview a few of them, all thirty seconds that iTunes gives you to hear. I really like the entire album though, there aren't any songs that I would say don't belong on this album. My favorite songs include "Leave Out All the Rest" which coincidentally appears on the Twilight movie soundtrack and "Bleed it Out" which is just a fun song to get me moving. "In Between" is also a good track, though like I said there aren't any I'd say I dislike.

2. Lady Gaga - "The Fame"
I've heard "Just Dance" everywhere, and I was curious. Lady Gaga reminds me of a sane Britney Spears, tied in with Pink and maybe a little Christina Aguilera. All of her tracks are very dance-y and she is VERY blunt. I really like "Poker Face" and obviously, "Just Dance." Unfortunately, I haven't listened to much else yet but it's very pump you up music.

3. The All American Rejects - "When the World Comes Down"
I hold a bit of a bias for this, because I've listened to a lot of AAR in the past, they are in fact one of my favorite bands. It STILL fits into the iTunes purchase category though! In any case, I love "Mona Lisa" and "Gives You Hell." I've found their songs also fall into the get you pumped category.

4. Three Days Grace - "One-X"
One of my iTunes finds, though I do think I've heard "Never Too Late" before I saw it on iTunes. No matter, it's a decent album. In fact, I still need to give most of it a listen...

But like I said, I usually end up with random things I haven't heard of before. Sigh. Time to turn on that shopping cart feature so I don't get stuck making a purchase I don't really want.

On a side note, and because I really don't know how else to end this post.. Less than 5 months until I'm 25! By less than, I mean a day under 5 months. Sigh!

No comments: