Sunday, January 25, 2009

On My Favorite Thing - Spending Money!

Let me just clear the air here... I LOVE shopping (not totally unusual I suppose, but I used to be the biggest tomboy and never enjoyed it much). For the most part. By that, I mean when I find items that are really cute and probably as inexpensive as possible thanks to my income. But luckily for me, there are places like Old Navy with affordable, cute pieces (my most recent adventure for a pair or two of jeans turned into a hundred-dollar affair, though I DID get quite a few things for that amount of money). There are also places like Burlington Coat Factory where I finally purchased my new winter coat for half off it's original $200 price tag.

I know, even HALF of $200 is a little more than half of my paychecks, but I decided that I was tired of having the same jacket I've had since oh, maybe 2004. Maybe even 2003, it was when I was still working at Build-a-Bear (that is an adventure of it's own!). What I figure when I'm shopping is if I wear it enough, it's worth whatever the cost is. I'm an avid watcher of What Not to Wear which is surprisingly useful. Even with not having been on the show.

But I'm quite excited about my new coat, I'll eventually have to take a picture. It's definitely cute!

Besides my Old Navy obsession, I also LOVE book shopping. There's nothing better then coming home with a new find. Or an old find, since I've recently begun reading the Harry Potter series. I'd never read it and figured it's about time to see what the hullabaloo was about (that word totally does not get used nearly enough!). So far so good, I'm on to book number three and enjoying myself so far. Once I get into a book, it's hard for me to put it down without finishing it entirely. It was the same with the Twilight series too. (I am an out of the closest book nerd if you've not been able to tell!)

Now that I'm rambling, I believe it's time for bed. Work comes too early on Sundays!

No comments: