Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ranting about Reality TV.. sort of.

Woohoo another post! Let's hope it's less worry about what I intend to say than it has been lately. Perhaps, too, I'm ready to go back to school - I couldn't even remember whether that was a than or a then moment. One more week of winter break, gladly - and this week I'm only doing two long days instead of four. Thankfully! (See, saying no helps me out a bit)

In any case, I've been quite content to sit in front of the television as much as possible this weekend. Partly due to the fact I haven't been feeling so well, partly also because I have been bored and finally had nothing better to do. This, of course, was in between rereading the Twilight series. I'm about to reread the fourth book, though my copy of the second book is still somewhere out there at a friend's house.

Anyway, its odd seeing how many reality shows are now out there. In the past few years, it seems like more and more reality TV took over the scripted shows.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if not for the fact that we're on the THIRD series of "A Shot of Love." As if Tila Tequila wasn't enough, now it's twins looking for love? Who both happen, again, to be interested in both male and female? Which by the way, the first time around it was quite amusing to watch what happened when they figured out they were all after the same person, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to sit through another cycle of this. Wait, cycle is America's Next Top Model (which I do have a weakness for, so sue me).

What I'm concerned about is this Brody Jenner reality show. I could handle him on the Hills, he's nice to look at to be sure but a reality show about finding HIS best friend, er, bromance? Are we kidding? I guess Paris had her turn, so it must be time for the male population to respond. The only thing that keeps me entertained with this Bromance thing is to see how many words they can put "bro" in front of, such as bromance, bromosexual, and broathlon. Secondly, there is a guy on that show that absolutely amuses me due to facial expressions alone. However, I can't really remember his name right now.

And, another point - Is Ryan Seacrest taking over the world? I've seen a few reality shows that show him as a producer. Seriously?!

At any rate, I don't exactly despise reality shows but there are some that just need to end. Now, preferably. However, I'm completely aware I will be sucked in to the whole thing as per usual.

1 comment:

Andy - Instafather said...

I love that Seacrest produces Bromance... I'll have another play by play of that show this week, as I pine for the return of Top Model.