Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The One Where I Stress Myself Out... prematurely

So I'm kind of bummed.

One of my best friends is thinking of moving.

I think I'm prematurely having an issue dealing with that. We've only known each other for about two years, since he started working at the same store I do. In that time, however, we've spent a boatload of time together. Immeasurable, I know, but it's true. We'd go to Friday night parties together on a weekly basis, saw countless movie premieres together, and drank a lot of alcohol together (just friends - it's definitely not like that for either of us).

I know it won't happen for awhile, but it still makes me incredibly sad. He would be going down to Georgia, which is quite a distance away from here in Illinois. Far enough to where I would see him only once, maybe twice, a year, if I'm lucky. Previous experience though tells me once he's gone, he's gone. Most of the times when people move away it's the same thing. Communicate every once awhile, and eventually you two stop talking. And it's like you fall off the face of the Earth.

And I know I'm giving myself unnecessary stress right now with this. It's sort of how I handle things, I tend to freak out at first but once it settles in I'm okay.

I guess it's better to be prepared though..

3 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

one of my best friends is moving in a month, i'm sad : (

Kylie said...

It's always hard losing a friend to a new place. You're right, it seems like everything is ok for a while and then you just drift apart. Bummer. Maybe he'll stay?

kate said...

@ alexa - thank you :). not for being sad but commenting. i think i have a little longer but it's not like we hang out that much anymore either. which makes it even worse!

@ kylie - thank you for the comment. it's probably one of the worst parts, the drifting. and i am led to believe it's almost a definite decision, but whatever makes him happy i suppose.