Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Playlist

Something new! My current must-play songs of the week, a little late tonight, but here nonetheless.

So, here it goes... my top ten favorite songs for the past week. (drumroll, if you will)


1. Sweet Thing - Keith Urban
From his new album, it's just so catchy. Keith Urban is one of my favorite country artists, because he is so amazing to see perform live. I wish I were seeing his concert this year when it comes to town but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. But I've seen him about 3 times, most recently with Kenny Chesney and he's one hell of a performer - one of the funnest concerts I've been too.

2. Gives You Hell - All-American Rejects
AAR has been one of my favorite bands since I first heard Swing, Swing (way back in God knows when). This song just happens to be fun to sing along with and to blast. You know, windows down on a gorgeous spring day.

3. Jai Ho (You are my Destiny) - Rahman & Nicole from PCD
I really am not sure why I like this song, I know it's from Slumdog Millionaire but I've never seen the film. I think it's because I heard it on the commercial and found it. It's just so super catchy. I like the chorus, pretty much.

4. You'll Be There - George Strait
I know this is an old song, but I'm picking it because we got the tickets for George Strait today. He's playing a Chicago suburb venue in May and I cannot wait to go see him. Plus, it's the start of the summer concert series and while I won't get to go to many this year, it means having a fun evening with a bunch of my friends, drinking beer and having a kick-ass time together. And getting Bdubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) or Denny's afterwards.

5. Come On Get Higher - Matt Nathanson
Another song where I can't get the chorus out of my head to save my life. Actually, I first heard it on a ring tone of my friend's phone and then downloaded it today.

6. Down in Mississippi (& Up to No Good) - Sugarland
The kareoke song we sang the other night. Well, tried to sing. I never knew it very well, and I wish we did a different song. I like it though, after butchering it the other night. Gotta love drunk moments like that!

7. Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
An older song, yes. It's also one of my favorite songs to do on Rock Band, oddly enough. The drum part anyways.. But overall it's one of my favorite songs that I can't help but to blast while driving around.

8. Poker Face - Lady Gaga
This became one of my most used ringtones on my cell (along with Gives You Hell). I just love it. End of story!

9. Thank You - Keith Urban
Another new song of Keith's. I love songs that gives me the chills, which tends to happen a lot with some country artists (Toby Keith, Tim McGraw) along with other artists too. It's about finding that person that makes the world shine just a little brighter, obviously a tribute to Nicole Kidman. Anyway, it gives me chills and that's why I like it.

10. Dead and Gone - T.I. f/ J. Timberlake
I LOVE this song. Absolutely LOVE it. Again, I'm not entirely positive why, though it again is pretty freaking catchy.


I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, looking back at this list. Perhaps a little odd, and mostly country-fied.

What are some of your favorite songs?

No comments: