Sunday, May 24, 2009

An Early Weekend Update

This weekend has already been slightly hectic, if you don't count Sunday as part of it. Which is to say, Friday and Saturday were hectic but today I slept until noon and spent the day watching an America's Next Top Model marathon and doing random computer things. I haven't even touched much of the laundry that needs to be done by Thursday, or my stupid tax thing from 2008 (the deal with that is I got a letter regarding something that didn't end up on my taxes last year, because I hadn't received a 1099 for it. So now, if I don't do the paperwork, I owe the government over 500 dollars.)

So, onto my lovely weekend.

Friday was insanely busy, what with the horse show I was competing in on Saturday. The show is just a warm-up show for next week, when I'm competing against the big guys. Basically, it's just a chance for me to get my horse into the show pen and fix the stuff that will prevent me from doing well next week, if that clarifies anything. It's a bit confusing, I suppose. Anyway, so Friday I went to the barn solely to spend money, since we ended up going to the tack store and I spent a lot of money for some show stuff. Which actually, is becoming my birthday present which means I'm getting refunded for a lot of it from my parental unit. After the barn, I drove back home to go to work for a few hours. Once work was done, I went back to the barn to ride and further get ready for the show. I spent the night there on Friday since we had to get up super early.

Saturday was even crazier. We woke up at 6:30, got to the show by 8. I did a few classes, one that I've just learned how to do so it was nice to get a chance to show in it before next week. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, a little warm. It ended up being 80 with no rain. No breeze either, which made it a LOT hotter to deal with. I didn't show until 4 pm after that, and ended up getting a first out of 16 horses which was great -- and I ended up making 21 dollars from it. I had to leave there at 5 to go to one of my friend's houses to shower and get ready to go to George Strait.

George Strait ended up being a blast. We got there surprisingly earlier, which is odd because with us, we're really running late. But we arrived about 30 minutes before the show even started so we had time to go to the bathroom and get drinks and find a place to sit since we had lawn. The concert ended up being pretty crowded. Julianne Hough and Blake Shelton opened up for him. Both acts were really good, Julianne can really SING and Blake is always fun to watch. He ended up singing that song from the Free Credit Report commercials which was hilarious. George was good, he only sang for an hour and 15 minutes but it was fun watching everyone dance to it. The older ladies a few people in front of us kept roping in the younger guys which was funny.

After George performed, we had heard that Julianne would be signing autographs at the concert. We ended up being the last few people in line and waited about a half hour. I never realized how short she is (she's my height) and she was really cool, super nice and everything. I'm pretty sure my friends all nearly wet their pants. And I'm pretty sure all I said was "my name is Kate." Couldn't think of anything good to say, lol. So we got autographs and a picture with her. From now on, I really need to remember my camera because everytime something like this happens, I don't have it with me.

Julianne Hough & I. It's not great quality
because it was taken on a camera phone..

Afterward, we stopped at the bathroom and then walked back to the truck, which was a lot easier to find since the parking lot was nearly totally empty. On the way out, we hear, "Goodbye C!" and we turn to see no other but Julianne in her car being driven out of the parking lot. (C, by the way, is one of my friends.) We all just about die, and yell good night in response. Definitely a great end to an amazing night.

After the concert, we headed to B-dub's (Buffalo Wild Wings) for some food after the concert, where I found out that eating boneless wings, even if they're only Parmesan Garlic, is not good with chapped lips. (Sad!) It's really hard ending a story involving meeting a celebrity, by the way. Because everything now seems so lame!

Anyways, it may be awhile - I have a busy week ahead of me and will be trying to get laundry done, the tax thing done, and have everything packed and ready by Thursday some time. So I will try to post again, but if not I'll be back June 9th (which also happens to be my birthday) with more tales of amazingness. We officially leave almost exactly 6 days from now, at 3 am or something equally ridiculously early in the morning. Now, it's time to get back to Hitch..

1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

Bdubs! Oh, how I miss it... I spent so many nights there in college in Chapel Hill ;-)