Friday, May 15, 2009

Why Moms Rock

Yes, this may be considered a late Mother's Day appreciation post but hey, it's here.

Delayed, yes. Just as meaningful? That's also a yes.

In the past few years, my mom has been super helpful with things, monetary and otherwise. She's been supportive in absolutely everything, from my decision to not continue my education until next Spring, and not charging me rent even though I should be long gone by now.

Also, she's been funding my build some better teeth stuff - because I didn't do a hot job of taking care of my teeth when I was younger. I just found out she paid the entire bill. From what she told me, she wants me to be successful in life and appearance speaks loudly to some.

She also is attending my horse show in Oklahoma early next month. Seriously? She's coming for 2 or 3 days, and excitingly is footing the bill for my new show shirt (which is my birthday present).

Something tells me this post is making me sound spoiled, but for real... I don't ask for much. I buy my own clothes, put gas in the car, and buy my own groceries.

Anyways, I'm super thankful to have the mom that I do have. I don't think I would be the same person I am without her.

No comments: